ARPA's logo
Minutes of January 17, 2010 Meeting

2010 Annual Meeting of the Arkansas Rifle & Pistol Association

January 17, 2010

Faulkner County Natural Resources Center

 

The meeting opened with a Lunch and Learn presentation made by John Malinowski and Dane Cowling on the basics and purpose of the Arkansas Rifle & Pistol Association.  34 members present

 

Al Alberius opened the meeting with a prayer and the pledge of allegiance.

 

Gary Jobe gave a brief presentation concerning the new 4H BB program.  Gary hopes to have 10 loaner kits available for groups to use.  He currently has 2 kits but expects the demand to grow as more groups (Boy Scouts, etc) become involved.  Gary needs about $500 per kit.  Each kit contains:  .5 Daisy BBguns, sling, sights, training materials, safety goggles

 

Motion made and seconded to provide Gary Jobe with $540 to purchase 1 BB Gun kit.

 

Motion made and seconded that directors for 2 (Woody Daniel), 4 Ken Buster) and 8 (Paul Davis) be re-elected.   Motion passed.   Tom Sackett will contact Michelle Hunter  to ascertain her interest/ability to fulfill the position as director of Region 6.

 

John Malinowski will contact Bill Striplin concerning the possibility of accepting the position of Vice-Chairman.  The nomination of Vice President will be tabled until Mr. Striplin can be contacted.

 

Al Alberius gave his notice of resignation as President of ARPA, citing health reasons. 

 

John Malinowski volunteered to step in the fill the position of interim president.  Motion made, seconded and passed to accept John Malinowski as interim president.

 

Al Alberius presented plaques in appreciation for service this year to:  Roger Gray, Ken Fairless, Woody Daniel,  James Taylor, Ken Buster,  John Malinowski, Michelle Hunter, Joey Hargrove, Paul Davis, Mike Nevins and Nancy Nevins.

 

John Malinowski recommended that we set up a conference call system to use for directors meetings and reduce the travel time.  Nancy Nevins will research options.  The item was tabled for further discussion at the next meeting.

 

Mike Nevins discussed adding a membership mailer to the Friends of NRA mailer.  The FNRA will be doing a mailer in February/March of approximately 11-13,000 pieces and offered to include a membership solicitation for ARPA with the mailer.  The money received from the NRA grant for the mailer will be used to help cover the cost of the mailer.  Motion made & seconded to proceed with the membership mailer.  Motion passed.

 

AR-15 Membership winner was Paul Davis.

 

Mike Nevins discussed the possibility of having a state-wide range day. The window of opportunity for this year has passed but it is a program that should be discussed at a future meeting for consideration for next year.

 

Roger Gray indicated that every time anyone goes to the  ARPA website, they need to reload their browser.

 

Motion made, seconded and passed to adjourn the meeting.

 

Nancy Nevins

Secretary/Treasurer


HOME